Fall 2011 Readings
- Finish Jonathan Lear, Freud, Routledge, 2005
Summer 2011 Readings
- Peter Zachar and Nancy Potter, “Personality Disorders: Moral or Medical Kinds–Or Both?” Philosophy, Psychology and Psychiatry (PPP) , 17 (2), 2010, pp.101-117.
- Marga Reimer, “Treatment Adherence in the Absence of Insight: A Puzzle and a Proposed Solution,” PPP, 17 (1), 2010, pp.65-75.
- Bennett Foddy and Julian Salvulescu, “A Liberal Account of Addiction,” PPP, 17 (1), 2010, pp.1-22.
- Donald Davidson, “Paradoxes of Irrationality” in his Problems of Rationality (Oxford: OUP, 2004/1982) pp. 169-187.
- Jonathan Lear, Freud, Routledge, 2005
Spring 2011 Events
- Gary Gala presented a draft of “Internal Reasons and Psychiatry”
- Anya Farennikova presented on her dissertation research on absences and perceptual abnormalities.
Spring 2011 Readings
- Finished Graham’s The Disordered Mind.
- Ken Kendler and Josef Parnas, Eds., Philosophical Issues in Psychiatry (Johns Hopkins U Press, 2008)
Fall 2010 Event
- George Graham presented “On Being a Mental Disorder”, December 2010
Fall 2010 Readings
- Ian Hacking, Chapter 4 “Madness: Biological or Constructed” (pp.100-124), of his The Social Construction of What? (Harvard U Press, 1999).
- George Graham. The Disordered Mind. Routledge, 2009.